Pickled Cucumber, make your own as it’s way tastier than store-bought.
Pickled cucumber is a cucumber that has been pickled in a brine, vinegar, or other solution and left to ferment for a period of time, by either immersing the cucumbers in an acidic solution or through souring by lacto-fermentation. Pickled cucumbers are often part of mixed pickles.
- 1 kg of green and fresh pickle cucumbers
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 fresh peeled garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 small piece of horseradish roots (optional)
- 1 Liter of water
- 4 -5 dill flowers
- 5 tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper (optional)
- Fresh Grapes leaves if available or fresh cherry leaves (optional)
- Give a good wash to the cucumbers.
- Put the peeled garlic, bay leaves, small piece of horseradish roots, and fresh grape or cherry leaves in a cleaned bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, pepper, salt, and bay leaves (hot pickling solution) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl and add the dill flowers.
- Then add the boiled pickling solution to the bowl; it should completely cover all cucumbers.
- Cover it carefully and place it at room temperature for 2-4 weeks before serving (depending on the room temperature and how acidity you prefer).
Prepared, tried, and tested Ahmed from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 30Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3297mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 1g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More Pickled recipes for you to try out
Come and join us on Facebook at our two Recipe Groups and check out our Online Store