Pickled Cucumber, make your own as it’s way tastier than store-bought.
Pickled cucumber is a cucumber that has been pickled in a brine, vinegar, or other solution and left to ferment for a period of time, by either immersing the cucumbers in an acidic solution or through souring by lacto-fermentation. Pickled cucumbers are often part of mixed pickles.Print
- 1 kg of green and fresh pickle cucumbers
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 fresh peeled garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 small piece of horseradish roots (optional)
- 1 liter of water
- 4 –5 dill flowers
- 5 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (optional)
- Fresh Grapes leaves if available or fresh cherry leaves (optional)
- Give a good wash to the cucumbers.
- Put the peeled garlic, bay leaves, small piece of horseradish roots, and fresh grape or cherry leaves in a cleaned bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, pepper, salt, and bay leaves (hot pickling solution) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl and add the dill flowers.
- Then add the boiled pickling solution to the bowl; it should completely cover all cucumbers.
- Cover it carefully and place it at room temperature for 2-4 weeks before serving (depending on the room temperature and how acidity you prefer).
Prepared, tried, and tested Ahmed from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 3297
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Pickled Cucumber
More Pickled recipes for you to try out
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store