Home-made Spicy Pickled Green Mangoes
This is very spicy, so if you can’t take the heat I would suggest only using half of the
“hot” ingredients, or even removing the red pepper flakes.
- 7 med green mangoes peeled and sliced into wedges.
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of pickling salt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon, or about 1/8 of a cup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 7 thin slices of peeled fresh ginger.
- 3/8 tsp ” BALL ” pickle crisp granules
Method to prepare your Pickled Green Mangoes:
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat the cinnamon, cumin, and peppers on med-low heat until
- ” toasted “, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- The Brine
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and the toasted spices.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally whilst cooking, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pack the mango wedges into
- 1 – one-pint and
- 1 – one-quart jar and add the pickle crisp granules as follows:
- 1/8 tsp to the pint jar and 1/4 tsp to the quart jar.
- Pour the hot brine into the jars and allow to cool.
- Ensure that the mango wedges are completely covered.
- This process is hastened by placing the jars in a larger pot filled with water and ice.
- This is known as blanching and ensures the uniform absorption of the spices.
- When completely cool, cap the jars and refrigerate for 3 to 7 days before consuming.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Wally Paul
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.