Attention foodies! Get ready to indulge in the most mouth-watering Pork Stir-Fry with Baby Bok Choy. It’s an easy way to use up leftovers in the fridge.
Get ready to indulge in the most mouth-watering Pork Stir-Fry with Baby Bok Choy!
This flavor-packed dish is perfect for a quick weekday dinner or a weekend feast with friends and family. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also packed with nutrients from the tender baby bok choy. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you! So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron, heat up that wok, and let’s get cooking! Ready, set, stir-fry!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs teriyaki marinade
- 1 1/2 tsp golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp maiziena / cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Enough VOO (virgin olive oil) to lightly coat the wok
- 3–4 medium minced cloves of garlic
- 1–2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 4 medium white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium heads baby bok choy (wash, cut off the white stalks and keep leaves separate)
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- Slice the meat into medallions of ±½-1 inch chunks.
- Whisk the soy sauce, teriyaki marinade, brown sugar, cornstarch, and freshly ground pepper until the cornstarch and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the pork, toss to coat, and marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Flip and turn the meat after 5 minutes in the marinade in order to cover both sides.
- Heat oil in a large wok (just enough to cover the bottom) until hot.
- Drain or wipe out the excess oil.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry, until nicely flavored.
- Add the pork in a single layer and cook until it’s medium done or to your liking.
- Drip the remainder of the sauce over the meat medallions.
- Turn the heat down and stir-fry till the meat is nearly cooked through and keep aside.
- Heat some more oil in the wok, add the bok choy stalks, as well as the mushrooms, and stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- We prefer our greens more crispy, so do not overcook them.
- Return the pork and add the bok choy leaves and cashews to the wok, and stir-fry until the leaves are wilted and serve immediately.
- We served it with sweet glazed butternut. The flavors complimented each other very well.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 513.5 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 73.7 mg
Keywords: pork stir fry with baby bok choy and cashews; pork and bok choy real simple; pork tenderloin and bok choy stir fry
Check out this Stir-Fry Bacon and Brussels Sprouts for something different, also super delicious.