Potato Bacon Soup is incredibly delicious! It’s the perfect combination of salty bacon, potatoes, and savory herbs and spices. It’s a great comfort food that’s easy to make and sure to warm your heart and soul.
Unfortunately, our local grocer sold out of leeks (everyone else must’ve wanted soup too!). So I improvised.
Potato Bacon Soup is a great comfort food that’s easy to make and sure to warm your heart and soul.
- 8 large or 12 small potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1L chicken stock
- 1lb thick-cut bacon
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 5 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 1 cup half & half
- Boil the potatoes in the chicken stock until very soft.
- At the same time, saute the bacon, onion, and celery until softened.
- Mash the potatoes somewhat, then add the cream and the bacon mixture.
- Combine, heat through, and serve, either as is or with a bit of cheddar on top.
- We had it without the cheese, but I added a dash of black pepper, and simple focaccia on the side.
My husband said he hadn’t felt this good all day! See, soup really is therapeutic.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 1195
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 2514 mg
- Fat: 44.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 138.4 g
- Fiber: 19.7 g
- Protein: 59.8 g
- Cholesterol: 122.8 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Soup
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.