Enjoy and Satisfy your Cravings with the Rich flavor of Potato Cheese Dumplings.
Pierogi are filled dumplings made by wrapping unleavened dough around a savory or sweet filling and cooking in boiling water. They are often pan-fried before serving. Pierogi or their varieties are associated with the cuisines of Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe.
Bring Eastern Europe to Your Table and enjoy these Deliciously Pierogi (Polish Potato-Cheese Dumplings).
- 2 Large Potatoes (cubed & boiled)
- 1 cup (250 ml) Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Onion (cooked till soft)
- 1 Package Cream Cheese
- a pinch of Salt to taste
- a pinch of Pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Salt
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) Oil
- Spring Onion
- Crispy Bacon Pieces
- Caramelized Onions
- Allow the potatoes and onion to cool, then mix all the ingredients together.
- The filling mixture doesn’t need to be smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients then pour into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out into about 1 cm thickness then cut out circles.
- Spoon the filling into each circle then fold over and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Cook in boiling water until the pierogi floats.
- Remove and place on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat butter in a pan and brown the pierogi on either side.
- Top with onion, bacon, and spring onion.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 167.1 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20.8 mg
Keywords: Pierogi, Polish, Potato Cheese Dumplings
Pierogi have filled dumplings made by wrapping unleavened dough around a savory or sweet filling and cooking in boiling water. They are often pan-fried before serving.