Indulge in the sweet, buttery goodness of our Puff Pastry Milk Cake! Every bite is a delightful blend of flaky pastry and creamy milk filling that will surely melt in your mouth. Don’t miss out on this heavenly treat! Do give this a whirl and let your taste buds experience pure bliss.
Puff pastry, also known as pâte feuilletée, is a flaky light pastry made from a laminated dough composed of dough and butter or other solid fat. The butter is put inside the dough, making a paton that is repeatedly folded and rolled out before baking.
Puff Pastry Milk Cake
Turn ordinary moments into sweet memories and Experience a symphony of taste and texture with our Puff Pastry Milk Cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Assembling and resting: 110 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 slices depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Moderate
Base and top
- 2 x 397g packets of Tenderflake Puff Pastry
- 320 g Butter soft
- 60 g white sugar
- 4–5 eggs (depending on size) 4 XL or 5 L
- ±8 drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- 300 g sugar
- 120 g corn starch
- 1 liter of Milk
- 2 x 170ml tins of Carnation thick cream
Base and top
- Defrost the pastry in the fridge overnight.
- Roll out to the size of a 9″ pan. Allow a bit extra for shrinkage of the dough when baking, so cut it to the size of the outer edge of the base of the pan, then it will be perfect once baked.
- Cut 2 circles from Tenderflake Puff Pastry (one for the bottom and one for the top) to fit a 9-inch Springform Cake Pan and remove the cut-off edges.
- Prick the bottom circle, then lightly paint with the whipped cream* (see below), and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cut the second disk into at least 12-16** (see below) slices, then lightly paint with some whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Separate them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake at 180oC/350oF for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place 320 g butter and 60 g white sugar in a glass bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and set aside.
- Add 4-5 eggs (depending on size) 4 XL or 5 L and mix through the butter mixture and
- If using food coloring, add ±8 drops of yellow food coloring (optional) to the above.
- Mix the 300 g sugar, 120 g corn starch and 1 liter of milk in a large plastic bowl.
- Place in the microwave, then bring to a boil and whisk through to form a thick smooth paste (milk tart style).
- Check and mix through every 2-3 minutes to achieve a nice smooth texture.
- Depending on your microwave, this can take up to ± 8 minutes.
- Add the first mixture and beat with an electric mixer to remove all lumps cover the top with clingwrap to prevent skin from forming and leave in the fridge until completely cold.
- Beat the 2 x 170ml tins of Carnation* thick cream (it must be very cold, but NOT frozen) until thick and return to the fridge for later use.
- When the milk mixture is cold, add the whipped cream and blend through until smooth. You can also beat it with an electric mixer as it’s easier to get a soft smooth consistency.
- Place parchment paper in your springform pan and then drop the round baked puff pastry circle in the pan.
- Spoon the filling on the base and smooth out the top.
- Add the pastry triangles to the filling and dust with extra cinnamon if you like.
- Set in fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Cut as per the triangles and serve.
I had no recipe and winged it as I wanted to try out something different. I will make this again, the only modification would be to make the triangles smaller** (I only had 8) as the slices were monstrously big, enough for 2 servings, and it’s difficult to cut the pastry without making a huge mess.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs; SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes
Keywords: Puff Pastry Milk Cake, Desserts. Tenderflake Pastry
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.