How about some Quick, Light, and Easy Tuna Croquettes with a Thai Sauce for your Monday evening meal?
I never cook on a Monday, unless I didn’t cook on Sunday, but there wasn’t much left from yesterday, so I decided to make something quick and light, grabbed some canned tuna, and made Tuna Croquettes with a quick and easy Thai Sauce.
- 2 cans tuna, drained well
- 2 spring onions, chopped fine
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 2 tbsp. chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix everything except egg and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture into balls and flatten into croquettes.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat each round in the panko on all sides. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a pan over medium heat until quite hot.
- Add the croquettes 3-4 at a time and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Turning once only. Drain on paper towels.
- Allow cooling for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 tsp crushed red chili
- A few slices of a diced red pepper
- 2½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
Image credit: Vector Illustrations: free vectors from pngtree.com
- Whisk together
- Bring to a quick boil
- Take off the heat
- Thicken with cornstarch if you want a thick sauce
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
More Tuna dishes, just for you
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.