We have the ultimate treat for you! Indulge in our scrumptious, guilt-free Raw Vegan Chocolate Cake, made with only the finest natural ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered walnuts (I managed to get powdered walnuts, but you can use chopped or whole)
- 2 1/4 cups diced dates (I managed to get diced dates but you can use whole)
To make the crust:
- Pulse walnuts into powder (if you use whole walnuts) in a food processor
- Add the pitted dates and keep processing until it all starts to stick together.
To make the cake:
- Blend all the cake ingredients until smooth, thick, and creamy.
- It should be the consistency of yogurt. (Here I adapted the original recipe and only used 1 cup of water instead of 1½ cups as suggested)
- If it’s watery, add more dates, coconut oil, or nuts, or if too thick, add extra water or maple syrup. (Mine came out perfect and I did not have to fix the consistency).
- Spoon out onto the cold crust and leave overnight in the fridge, in order for it to set and develop in flavor.
- Decorate as you wish
- I used vegan chocolate shavings, slivered almonds, shredded coconut, and salted pumpkin nuts.
- Only for displaying I added some pumpkin candy, but as it’s not vegan, I did not serve it as such.
- Line a 9” spring form cake with parchment paper, and press the mixture down with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Leave it in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 619
- Sugar: 56.2 g
- Sodium: 9.6 mg
- Fat: 36.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 73.8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raw vegan cake recipe, vegan cake, Vegan Chocolate Cake
Shared this at the following Party