For our raw vegan enthusiasts and dessert lovers! I have whipped up a fresh batch of our mouthwatering Raw Vegan Raffaello Balls and you will love it.
Raffaello is a spherical coconut–almond truffle that Italian manufacturer Ferrero brought to the market in 1990. It consists of a spherical wafer which is filled with a white milk cream and white blanched almonds. It is then surrounded by a coconut layer.Print
- 2 tbsps All Natural Cold Pressed, Grace Virgin Coconut oil
- 4 tbsps of coconut cream (I took a tin of coconut milk left it in the freezer for an hour, then left it in the fridge overnight. I then scooped off the cream, poured out the remaining milk, and scooped out the remaining solid parts and it turned out to be exactly 4 tbsps)
- 2 tbsps of MaraNatha Natural roasted almond butter (no trans fats and no sodium)
- 1/2 cup Compliments Brand (Canadian product) ground almonds
- 3 cups of medium shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 tbsps of Sensations Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp (2.5 ml) Compliments (Canadian product) Vanilla extract
- 24 whole raw and skin-free almonds
- As per the original recipe, if you prefer to use raw fresh almonds, you will have to grind them to an almond meal.
- I just bought a packet of ground almonds, way easier and quicker.
- I nuked the coconut oil and coconut cream for 15-20 seconds in the microwave, then whisked it till well combined.
- Add the nut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Use a small hand whisk and mix everything together.
- Add an almond meal and 2 cups of coconut.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, till you have a nice even consistency.
- It will be sticky and should be thick-ish.
- I had no need to add extra coconut, but if you think it’s not thick enough, feel free to add extra coconut to thicken it up.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for an hour or more to set (I left mine for approximately 2½ hours as I had to go out and run some errands) and it is solid enough to work with it.
- Use a 1 tbsp measuring scoop and make a ball with the dough in the palm of your hand.
- Make a hollow with your finger in the middle of the ball, place an almond inside, and roll it back into a ball.
- In a separate container, with the extra cup of coconut, roll the balls one at a time in the coconut, until well covered.
- Place on a tray, covered with parchment paper, and keep the balls in the fridge overnight before serving, that is if you have the willpower to wait that long.
Recipe credit: Myhealthydessert for Delicious Homemade Vegan Raffaellos and this is how I made mine.
I doubled the original recipe and made 24 balls, and I am very happy that I made a double batch – WOW, this is so so delicious and yummy – a definite keeper in my books for a treat for my vegan family members.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 160.3 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 6.8 mg
Keywords: raw raffaello balls; vegan raffaello recipe; raffaello vegan recipe; raw vegan bites