Raw Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
Grain-Free, Processed Sugar-Free
1 ½ cups of sliced almonds
2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
3 large Medjool dates, pitted
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoon water
pinch of salt
1 cup raspberries (I used frozen raspberries)
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 cup of the filling
1. Soak dates in water for about 30 mins, then chop
2. Combine almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until you have a crumbly texture
3. Add dates, vanilla extract, water, and salt and process until well combined
4. Divide the dough between 6 dessert glasses and press to the bottom of the glass
1. Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in a blender until you have a smooth texture. Make sure the texture is not gritty!
2. Set aside 1 cup of the filling and divide the rest between your dessert glasses with the crust
3. Place glasses in freezer while making the topping
1. Combine the filling that you have set aside with raspberries, lemon juice, and water in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
2. Divide the raspberry filling between your dessert glasses and place glasses back in the freezer for 1h, then transfer to the refrigerator for another 1-2h before serving (make sure the middle is cold but not frozen or else leave in the refrigerator until defrosted).
Photo and prepared by: Esme Slabs
Source: Sarien Slabbert