As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I made these Rice and Veggie sausages for my vegetarian husband. They can be chopped and changed with different veggies and spices.
- 1 cup boiled rice (cold)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup boiled butternut (cold)
- 1/2 cup of fried mushrooms (cold)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A crack of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor (except bread crumbs) and blitz till a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add bread crumbs as needed to make the mixture stiff enough to shape.
- Divide the dough into even sizes.
- To make sausages, shape each piece into a log and refrigerate for 10 mins.
- Prepare a steamer by pouring boiling water at the bottom of a pot.
- Insert a colander into the pot, the water should not touch the colander.
- Now cut foil bigger than the size of the sausage u have shaped.
- Oil the foil then roll the sausage in the foil like a cigar.
- Twist the ends tightly.
- Put into the colander and steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the colander and cool.
- Unwrap the sausages and fry in shallow oil or grill in the oven.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa Adams Young
1 thought on “Rice and Veggie Sausages”