What an appetizing and delectable and nourishing meal made out of Salad with Basil Chimichurri and boiled eggs.
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used both as an ingredient in cooking and as a table condiment for grilled meat. Found in Argentinian, Uruguayan, and occasionally Chilean cuisines, the sauce comes in a green and red version
Basil chimichurri is a tangy, flavorful sauce that would give the salad a nice kick of flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to add some healthy fats and proteins to a salad. I think it sounds delicious!
- 1/4 cup keto fat – lard, tallow, coconut oil
- 1 lb (450g) Portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 (150g) lbs asparagus, bottoms trimmed and cut into thumb-size pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs (can omit for egg-free but not as wonderful)
- Heat keto fat over medium heat in a skillet, add mushrooms and asparagus, and saute for 10 min or until mushrooms are golden and cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make boiled eggs to your liking soft boils or hard-boiled.
- Peel and cut in half (soft-boiled cut just as you serve)
- Make Chimichurri by putting ingredients in a blender and pureeing till smooth.
- Put mushrooms and asparagus on a platter or individual plates.
- Slice eggs and place over mushrooms, drizzle some Chimichurri over, and enjoy.
- Garnish with extra basil and add a few sliced tomatoes and quarters if desired.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Sean from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 811.5 mg
- Fat: 32.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: Salad, Basil, Chimichurri, coconut oil
More Chimichurri Recipes
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.