As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy this cheesy, satisfying Scalloped Cabbage casserole, Easy to prepare and oh so satisfying
- 1 cabbage head, cut into wedges or shredded, using string, tie up the wedges while they boil to prevent it from breaking up.
- 2 tbsp. margarine.
- 2 tbsp. cake flour.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 big bottle of Melrose cheese spread.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 500g grated cheese, I used cheddar, but you can use whatever you like.
- 3 jalapeno chilies, chopped.
- 2 tsp paprika.
- Chilli flakes for the top
Bring a pot of water to the boil over high heat, boil the cabbage till soft.
Drain and set aside.
In another pot, melt your margarine over medium heat.
Whisk in the flour and allow to cook for a minute.
Add the milk and paprika and cook, until the mixture starts to thicken.
Add the cheese spread and stir.
Add the grated cheese and season.
Remove from the stove and set aside.
Place the cabbage wedges in an oven-proof greased dish.
Pour the cheese mixture over the cabbage wedges.
Sprinkle the chili flakes over the top.
Sprinkle the chopped jalapeno chilies over the top.
Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until the top is nice and golden
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Bobby Swanson
1 thought on “Scalloped Cabbage”