Turn your sour milk into scrumptious scones and test these Scones with Sour Milk – Also called Maas.
Scones with Sour Milk
Have you mastered the recipe for big fluffy scones?
I am sure you have, but why not try this one if you are still looking for the perfect Maas Scone!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Rest Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Mix all dry ingredients and sift twice.
- Rub in butter till resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix egg and maas together and make a nice soft dough, do not over mix.
- Lightly pat it on a floured surface into ± 2cm thickness.
- Use a small scone cutter to dip in flour before cutting the shapes.
- Do not twist and turn the cutter, rather press down, and lift the cut scone shape up and place it directly on the baking tray.
- Mix both eggs and maas together and make a nice soft dough, do not over mix.
- Pat down cut and shape.
- Brush egg and bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes till nice and golden brown.
- Serve with strawberry jam and fresh cream.
- Brighten up any teatime with this quick and easy Maas Scone.
- Taste the best Scone, you will need to make these easy-to-prepare Scones with Sour Milk!
- Yes, Sour Milk is the secret ingredient, and do not knead the dough! All you require to do would be gently pat the ingredients together to form and shape the dough.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rashida from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Keywords: Scone, buttermilk, Cream
We have sweet as well as savory scones – take your pick and enjoy them one by one!
How do I get my scones to rise and be fluffy?
First, make sure you are using fresh baking powder, one that has been opened less than 6 months ago. Also, if you knead the dough too much, the scones will not rise as tall. Knead gently, and just enough to bring the dough together. Adding more flour also prevents the dough from rising as high, so only dust lightly.
Thanks for dropping in, we hope you love this recipe!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.