Scones with Sour Milk
In order to taste the best ever Scone, you will need to make these easy to prepare Scones with Sour Milk! Yes, Sour Milk is the secret ingredient and do not knead the dough! All you require to do would be gently patting the ingredients together to form and shape the dough. Lightly pat it on a floured surface into ± 2cm thickness. Use a small scone cutter to dipped in flour before cutting the shapes. Do not twist and turn the cutter, rather press down and lift the cut scone shape up and place it directly on the baking tray.
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150 g soft butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml maas (sour milk)
In order to taste the best ever Scone, prepare these easy Scones with Sour Milk! Yes, Sour Milk is the secret ingredient and do not knead the dough! Blog Link: https://bit.ly/2MHYS4jClick To Tweet
- Mix all dry ingredients and sift twice.
- Rub in butter till resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix egg and maas together and make a nice soft dough, do not over mix.
- Pat down cut and shape.
- Brush egg and bake on 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes till nice and golden brown.
- Serve with strawberry 🍓 jam and fresh cream.
Prepared, tried and tested Rashida Habib
We have sweet as well as savory scones – take your pick and enjoy them one by one!
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare