As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A wonderfully quick and easy-to-make Seafood Chowder. Serves 6
Quick and easy made up as I went!
- 4 tubes of calamari (or rings)
- Whole baby squid (I like to fry them crispy)
- Bag of prawns
- Black mussels
- 2 fillets of white fish
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 2 cans of clams
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can clam chowder
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 large onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 large carrots
- Chilli flakes to taste (I like the soup a bit spicy)
- Black pepper
- Defrost white fish and salmon and bake in the oven – then cool off and back to the fridge.
- Put cans of soup and tomatoes in a large heavy pot and heat up.
- In another pan put your chopped onions, celery, and carrots in some olive oil and gently cook it until the onions are cooked then add to the soup with some chili flakes.
- When the soup in the pot is hot, add the calamari rings; turn down the heat and simmer for a bit (don’t forget to stir the soup).
- When calamari is tender, take off the heat. (I let it cool off and put it in the fridge)
- An hour before your guests come, take the pot out of the fridge and slowly reheat.
- Once the soup is hot, add fish (cut into bite-size pieces) mussels, clams, and prawns.
- Finish off with some black pepper.
- Serve hot with baguettes.
Source, prepared, tried, and tested by: Renee Matthee