Sesame Ginger Baked Salmon, delicious whole fillet of salmon dinner with sweet pepper rice
Salmon as food
Salmon is a common food fish classified as an oily fish with rich content of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. In Norway – a major producer of farmed and wild salmon – farmed and wild salmon differ only slightly in terms of food quality and safety, with farmed salmon having a lower content of environmental contaminants, and wild salmon having a higher content of omega-3 fatty acids.
Sesame Ginger Baked Salmon
A delicious whole fillet of salmon dinner served with Sweet Pepper Rice, Caper Butter, and Guacamole. What a feast!
- Prep Time: 1 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4 portions 1x
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- Salt to taste
Sweet Pepper Rice
- 1 cup Rice (cooked with turmeric)
- 1 cup Mixed Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2–3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2–3 Tablespoons Avocado/Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk together to form the marinade.
- Place the fish in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over.
- Allow it to sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from bag, place on a baking sheet (including the marinade), and bake at 180 for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of fish.
- Add the asparagus to the baking sheet during the last few minutes of cooking.
Sweet Pepper Rice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan.
- Cook the onion, peppers, and garlic till soft.
- Season and toss with the rice. Enjoy!!
- Gently warm the butter and capers for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in lemon juice, remove from heat, and stir in parsley.
- Mash Avocados then add Red Onion, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Lime Juice, and Salt.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle Lazarus Govender from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1967
- Sugar: 18.9 g
- Sodium: 9839.4 mg
- Fat: 102.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 178.2 g
- Fiber: 36.8 g
- Protein: 116.1 g
- Cholesterol: 385.1 mg
More Salmon Recipes
This post was added to the following link parties: Kick Off to Summer at All About Home #198
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!