Sesame Ginger Baked Salmon, delicious whole fillet of salmon dinner with sweet pepper rice
Salmon as food
Salmon is a common food fish classified as an oily fish with rich content of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. In Norway – a major producer of farmed and wild salmon – farmed and wild salmon differ only slightly in terms of food quality and safety, with farmed salmon having a lower content of environmental contaminants, and wild salmon has a higher content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- Salt to taste
Sweet Pepper Rice
- 1 Cup Rice (cooked with turmeric)
- 1 Cup Mixed Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons Avocado/Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk together to form the marinade.
- Place the fish in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over.
- Allow it to sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from bag, place on a baking sheet (including the marinade), and bake at 180 for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of fish.
- Add the asparagus to the baking sheet during the last few minutes of cooking.
Sweet Pepper Rice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan.
- Cook the onion, peppers, and garlic till soft.
- Season and toss with the rice. Enjoy!!
- Gently warm the butter and capers for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in lemon juice, remove from heat, and stir in parsley.
- Mash Avocados then add Red Onion, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Lime Juice, and Salt.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle Lazarus Govender from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare