Need a simple but flavor-packed way to use up your tomatoes? Try this Slow-Cooker Curried Tomato Soup and it’s easy and delicious!
Ingredients for Slow-Cooker Curried Tomato Soup
- 2kg fresh tomatoes, cored and diced
- About 1½ tins full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water or stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to prepare your Slow-Cooker Curried Tomato Soup
- Combine everything in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 6+ (I used high).
- Blend to desired texture with immersion blender once cooked.
- And that’s it.
This is the simplest recipe in the world, so I was excited to try it. It was nothing like I expected, but hands-down the most delicious tomato soup, I have ever tasted. It is so fresh!
The curry is subtle and just brings out the tomato flavors.
And the coconut milk is brilliant instead of cream. I can’t wait to make this again and serve it to everyone we know!
Makes a great leftover lunch too! Just warm fresh broccoli, pour some warm soup over and top with cheese. So versatile!
Source: Seasonal and Savory blog
Prepared, tried and tested by Corlea Smit