Soft and Tender Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Muffins
- ¾ cup superfine sugar (Berry sugar) but I guess regular sugar will also work. I always use Berry sugar for baking
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup Self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Almond milk (regular milk will also work)
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract (you can also use caramel essence if you want a different flavor)
- 2 Tbsp pure butter, melted
- ½ cup superfine Berry sugar
- 1½-2 tsp ground (depending on taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease muffin wells or use spray and cook or any other cake release agent.
Beat with an electric hand mixer the sugar and egg until it is light in color and frothy.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and then blend into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
Pour in oil, milk, and vanilla extract and continue to mix well until no lumps visible.
Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.
I used a mini muffin scoop as a measure and made 12 muffins, plus one mini loaf pan.
Bake for 15-18 minutes in preheated oven or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Melt the butter in a small bowl and keep aside for painting on the piping hot muffin once ready.
Mix sugar with ground cinnamon and set aside.
Leave the muffin in the pan and immediately paint the tops with melted butter.
Now, gently remove them one by one, and dip and roll the tops of the Snickerdoodle muffin in the cinnamon sugar. If you like it sweeter, drop the bottom also in the sugar. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
If you prefer, gently sprinkle some extra cinnamon as decoration on the top before serving it with a steaming cup of tea or coffee.
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 257mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
All recipes on this blog, EsmeSalon, are for personal home use, and as I am not a nutritionist, please use these calculations as a guide only. Please feel free to check the nutritional values for accuracy.
Some Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Helps Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Are Loaded with Antioxidants
- Cinnamon Help with Lowering Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- It Cut the Risk of Heart Disease
- Does Have Beneficial Effects on Neurodegenerative Diseases
- May Help Fight the HIV Virus
- May Protect Against Cancer
- Can Help with Preventing Alzheimer’s disease
- May Help with Preventing multiple sclerosis
- May Help with Reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease
- And also may Help with Treating and healing chronic wounds
How about a Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookie
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare