-1 x pack raw snoek, cleaned and deboned and broken into pieces.
– 3 or 4 x ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
– 2 x tbsp. masala.
– ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
– ¼ tsp dhania powder.
– ¼ x tsp jeera powder.
– salt to taste.
– 1 x chopped onion.
– fresh dhania to garnish.
– In a food processor, blitz the tomatoes , the powdered spices and a little water, till it forms a nice liquid paste.
– In a pot, heat some oil on a medium heat add the onions and sauté till transparent.
– Add the tomatoe mixture and let it simmer for 5 minutes, so that all the spices can infuse with each other.
– Add the cleaned broken up pieces of snoek and salt.
– Cover the pot and let the snoek cook dry, there can be some gravy in the pot.
– But the snoek tastes better after it has absorbed all the gravy.
– Garnish with fresh dhania when done.
Prepared, submitted, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson