Snoek Fish Biryani
A very popular Indian dish and adopted by the Cape Muslims and is usually served at religious festivals and is ideal for entertaining large numbers.
Snoek Fish Biryani
- Boil 3 cups long-grain Basmati rice in salted water with one cup Mcain Mixed veggies and 2 teaspoons fine rice spice until cooked.
- Do not overcook.
- Strain in a rice colander and set aside.
- Spice Snoek fish or fish of your choice with Aromat, fish spice, and Fisherman seasoning.
- Fry in shallow oil and set aside.
- Slice 3 onions thinly and braise in oil.
- Add one large sliced green pepper.
- Take out half of the onion and green pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Set aside and mix with the cooked rice.
- With remaining onions and green peppers add 5 grated fresh garlic, one heaped teaspoon turmeric, 2 teaspoons mild Suhana chili powder, 2 teaspoons Mother in Law masala spice, and 1 teaspoon Rajah mild and flavourful spice.
- Salt to taste. add half a cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes. You can add more water if needed to make it saucy.
- Fry potatoes cut in rings until crispy. set aside.
- Layered rice in a deep pot.
- Add fish and fried potato slices and pour the curry sauce over.
- Repeats above with another layer and ends lastly with a rice layer.
- Add pieces of butter on top, put the greased paper on seal with a lid, and simmer on low heat until the butter is melted.
- Garnish with fresh Dhania (Cilantro leaves)
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.