As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes. The easiest way to bring on a smile would be to serve up some of these Cupcakes with Marshmallow or Creamcheese frosting.
To make this, use one batch of the Supersoft cupcakes mixture
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Add castor sugar a little at a time till all is used and there are no more granules.
- Add the yolks and vanilla and beat well, mix the oil and boiling water
- Sift the flour and baking powder
- Then add the flour and oil mixture simultaneously little at a time to the egg whites till all are used up and smooth.
- Divide dough into 3 and color them as desired
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake @ 170°C for +- 15 minutes, or till the skewer comes out clean.
Marshmallow Frosting for these Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes
- 6 egg whites
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 & ½ tsp vanilla essence
In dry stainless steel, bowl add your egg whites
Place it on top of a pot with boiling water making sure the bowl is not touching the water, keep the pot on the stove on low heat
Start whisking the eggs by hand, add the sugar, and continue to beat until the egg whites are warm and the sugar is dissolved
Take it off the heat and use a hand beater to start beating, add the vanilla and cream of tartar.
Beat continuously for about 10 minutes until the frosting is nice and fluffy
Pipe on the cupcakes.
You can use a blow torch to toast the tops if you like
Feriel modified and instead of the marshmallow frosting used a creamed cheese frosting and piped it in rosettes.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Ziploc bags! Use a Ziploc bag to pipe the batter into the cupcake holders, as it is much easier than spooning and spreading each layer.
Looking for stunning and perfect white frosting rather than use shortening over butter, although, *personal preference*, I think butter tastes better than shortening.
Be cautious, DO NOT overbake the cupcakes, as you for sure DO NOT want the tops turning brown.
In order to get that perfect and beautiful star, you should use a large closed star decorating tip.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
Cupcakes to pick and choose for any event, time, and occasion