Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes. The easiest way to bring on a smile would be to serve up some of these Cupcakes with Marshmallow or cream cheese frosting.
To make this, use one batch of the Supersoft cupcake mixture
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Add castor sugar a little at a time till all is used and there are no more granules.
- Add the yolks and vanilla and beat well, mix the oil and boiling water
- Sift the flour and baking powder
- Then add the flour and oil mixture simultaneously little at a time to the egg whites till all are used up and smooth.
- Divide dough into 3 and color them as desired
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake @ 170°C for +- 15 minutes, or till the skewer comes out clean.
Marshmallow Frosting for these Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes
- 6 egg whites
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 & ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a dry stainless steel, bowl add your egg whites
- Place it on top of a pot with boiling water making sure the bowl is not touching the water, keep the pot on the stove on low heat
- Start whisking the eggs by hand, add the sugar, and continue to beat until the egg whites are warm and the sugar is dissolved
- Take it off the heat and use a hand beater to start beating, add the vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Beat continuously for about 10 minutes until the frosting is nice and fluffy
- Use immediately
- Pipe on the cupcakes.
You can use a blow torch to toast the tops if you like
Feriel modified it and instead of the marshmallow frosting used a creamed cheese frosting and piped it in rosettes.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Ziploc bags! Use a Ziploc bag to pipe the batter into the cupcake holders, as it is much easier than spooning and spreading each layer.
Looking for stunning and perfect white frosting rather than using shortening over butter, although, *personal preference*, I think butter tastes better than shortening.
Be cautious, DO NOT overbake the cupcakes, as you for sure DO NOT want the tops turning brown.
In order to get that perfect and beautiful star, you should use a large closed star decorating tip.
Created, Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
Cupcakes to pick and choose for any event, time, and occasion
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.