The Softest Easiest Chocolate Cup Cakes Ever
- 1½ cups Castor sugar
- 1¾ cups Cake flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp Bicarbonate
- ½ cup of cocoa
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 eggs (separated)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 Tblsp Vanilla essence
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- Mix cocoa in boiling water and set aside
- Beat egg whites stiff and set aside
- Sift all dry ingredients except the salt and set aside
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar and salt till creamy
- Add Vanilla, Milk, Buttermilk, Oil, Cocoa, and the water then mix well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix by hand
- Fold in the egg whites and mix by hand until just mixed. **Consistency should be runny.
- Pour contents into a jug and pour into cupcakes cases ⅔ way full or as in this case mini bundt pans.
- Bake at 170 C / 340 F for 15 – 20 minutes or till skewer comes out clean
You can use whipped cream as a topping, but here we opted for a chocolate ganache
How about you come and join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Ganache for the Softest Easiest Chocolate Cup Cakes
Melt 1½ big slabs of Cadbury milk chocolate.
Add about ½ of a big can Nestlé cream or enough to make a thick ganache
Pour over cupcakes/bundt cakes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Hi, looking for another chocolate cake