As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Softest Easiest Chocolate Cup Cakes Ever
- 1½ cups Castor sugar
- 1¾ cups Cake flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp Bicarbonate
- ½ cup of cocoa
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 eggs (separated)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 Tblsp Vanilla essence
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- Mix cocoa in boiling water and set aside
- Beat egg whites stiff and set aside
- Sift all dry ingredients except the salt and set them aside
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar and salt till creamy
- Add Vanilla, Milk, Buttermilk, Oil, Cocoa, and water then mix well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix by hand
- Fold in the egg whites and mix by hand until just mixed. **Consistency should be runny.
- Pour contents into a jug and pour into cupcakes cases ⅔ way full or as in this case mini bundt pans.
- Bake at 170 C / 340 F for 15 – 20 minutes or till skewer comes out clean
You can use whipped cream as a topping, but here we opted for a chocolate ganache
Ganache for the Softest Easiest Chocolate Cup Cakes
Melt 1½ big slabs of Cadbury milk chocolate.
Add about ½ of a big can Nestlé cream or enough to make a thick ganache
Pour over cupcakes/bundt cakes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Hi, looking for another chocolate cake
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups:
10 thoughts on “Softest Easiest Chocolate Cup Cakes”
I’ve pinned these to try later! They look delish! #Senisal
Hi Kim Thank you for pinning, and I hope you will enjoy it
Wow! These look delicious! I will be giving these a try for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Laurie – Hope you will enjoy them.
Oh wow they look delicious! Am so grateful I can forward this recipe to my daughter at home and she can enjoy. Shared on Pinterest.
Thank you, dear friend, and thank you for pinning and sharing with your daughter
Looks so yummy!!
Thank you, Darlene, Love a beautiful, soft and moist chocolate cake for any occasion.
This cake looks so delicious! I don’t consider myself as a baker, but your recipe sounds like it’s worth the try.
Hi Latisha. Thank you so much for popping in. This is for sure an easy and wonderful one to try and you need not be a baker to make it. All required would be to try and voila you have made yourself a wonderful treat and your family will love you for it.