The most perfect South African Pancakes aka Crepes for a delicious breakfast or dessert!
It was raining in Arizona, so I decided to surprise my son with these.
He was born here in the States but loves his “rolled up pancakes”.ients2 cups flour (all-purpose or cake)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups water
- 4 T vegetable oil
- 1 t salt
- Mix all ingredients and leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and oil lightly.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Cook until edges start to lift.
- Turn over and cook for about 30 seconds more.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar or toppings of your choice.
- These can be used with savory fillings as well.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Christl Honiball