Get ready for a flavor explosion with Soy Honey Baked Chicken Pieces! Tender, and juicy, with a savory-sweet combo that’ll you come back asking for more.
Get ready for a flavor explosion with our Soy Honey Baked Chicken Pieces. It’s so tender, juicy, and packed with a savory-sweet combo that’ll have you craving more! Don’t miss out on this mouthwatering dish! Try it now and let your taste buds thank you!
- 1/3 cups of honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dark soy sauce
- 1/4–1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil/vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced (or 4 large cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar (apple cider or rice wine vinegar — OPTIONAL)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional) or Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp fresh or bottled minced ginger
- 2 1/2–3 pounds (±1.25-1.5 kg) chicken thighs = 8 thighs
- Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to season both sides.
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish or you can use more chopped green onions.
- In a large flat and shallow bowl, combine the maple syrup, soy sauce, chopped green onions, cooking oil, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil (optional), and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Trim off any excess fat, clean, and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides, then place it into the bowl with the marinade.
- Cover and leave it in the fridge and marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes or overnight if you have the time.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place these chicken thighs together with the marinade in your baking dish.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, turn it over every 10-15 minutes to make sure that the chicken does not dry out.
- Once cooked through, turn on the broiler of the oven and broil it for ±10 minutes at high heat until nice and golden brown and it starts to show signs of some charred edges.
- Garnish with parsley or you can even use some extra green onions and if you wish sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.
- Serve chicken with leftover pan juices over rice with steamed asparagus or a salad if you wish.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (Blogger & Owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs, SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes, and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 519
- Sugar: 16.4 g
- Sodium: 3021.9 mg
- Fat: 20.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 60 g
- Cholesterol: 280.1 mg
Keywords: Soy Honey Baked Chicken, Soy Honey Chicken, soy chicken baked, soy honey baked chicken pieces in oven, easy honey soy chicken thighs
Some similar chicken recipes
This post is a feature post for the week at What’s for Dinner? Sunday Link up #423. Whoop whoop, I’m so happy and honored! Thank you!