A delicious Spinach Risotto Fish Scallops with sautéed asparagus
Spinach is a leafy green flowering plant native to central and western Asia. It is of the order Caryophyllales, family Amaranthaceae, subfamily Chenopodioideae. Its leaves are a common edible vegetable consumed either fresh, or after storage using preservation techniques by canning, freezing, or dehydration.
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Come over and join us on Facebook and share your own recipes and I will showcase you and your recipe on the blog as well.
Spinach Risotto Fish Scallops
A delicious Spinach Risotto Fish Scallops with sautéed asparagus.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Brown Butter Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 portions 1x
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 3–4 cups Vegetable Broth/Stock
- Spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Brown Butter Scallops & Fish
- Scallops (dry/ no glaze)
- Fish Fillets (white)
- 6–8 Tbsp. Butter (brown butter)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1–2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Lemon
- Chopped Dill
- Warm broth/stock and keep warm on low heat.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic till soft.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss well to ensure all the grains are coated.
- Start by adding 1 ladle of stock and stir continuously until it is fully absorbed by rice then add the lemon juice.
- Continue adding a ladle of stock at a time, stirring continuously until the rice is releasing the starch.
- Add the spinach, seasonings, and cheese with the last ladle of stock and stir until rice is creamy and tender.
- Remove from heat and add extra cheese before serving.
Scallops & Fish
- Pat the scallops dry and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a pan and add the scallops.
- Sear on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and then flip the scallops.
- Rotate the pan so butter is distributed (do this for cooking fish too) and cook for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and pan.
- Heat remaining butter and olive oil, season fish (salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika), and cook on both sides.
- Add asparagus to the pan when the fish is fully cooked.
- Return the scallops to the pan and remove them from heat.
- Add the butter to a pan and allow it to heat gently until it turns foamy.
- Once foamy, pour the butter over the fish & scallops.
- Garnish with herbs.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 387
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 687
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 49
Keywords: Spinach Risotto, scallops
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
This post was added to the following link parties: Homestead Blog Hop 446