Please do not miss out, this is a Foolproof Steak Fajita recipe for a very satisfying weeknight dinner.
A fajita, in Tex-Mex cuisine, is any stripped grilled meat with stripped peppers and onions usually served on flour or corn tortillas. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish.
A classic Tex-Mexican recipe, juicy thin slices of steak and well seasoned, cooked to perfection, and tossed with sauteed bell peppers and spring onions.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Steak
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Pepper (you can use mixed colors)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 3 Limes (extra for serving)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- Extra Oil (to sauté)
- Chopped Spring Onion (garnish)
- Slice onion and peppers into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oil, juice of lime, and spices.
- Cut the steak into strips and toss in the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, cook meat in batches then set aside.
- Sauté the onion and peppers for about 3-4 minutes then add the steak to the pan and toss well.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over and garnish.
- Serve filled into warm tortillas topped with pico, grated cheese, guacamole, or sour cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes -Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 fajita
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 789.3 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 17.8 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: Steak, Fajita
This post was added to the following link parties: