As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please do not miss out, this is a Foolproof Steak Fajita recipe for a very satisfying weeknight dinner.
A fajita, in Tex-Mex cuisine, is any stripped grilled meat with stripped peppers and onions usually served on flour or corn tortillas. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
A classic Tex-Mexican recipe, juicy thin slices of steak and well seasoned, cooked to perfection, and tossed with sauteed bell peppers and spring onions.
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Steak
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Pepper (you can use mixed colors)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 3 Limes (extra for serving)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- Extra Oil (to sauté)
- Chopped Spring Onion (garnish)
- Slice onion and peppers into strips and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oil, juice of lime, and spices.
- Cut the steak into strips and toss in the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, cook meat in batches then set aside.
- Sauté the onion and peppers for about 3-4 minutes then add the steak to the pan and toss well.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over and garnish.
- Serve filled into warm tortillas topped with pico, grated cheese, guacamole, or sour cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes -Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 fajita
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 789.3 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 17.8 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: Steak, Fajita
We take pride in participating in various weekly and monthly Linky Parties where our content is showcased.
Looking for inspiration? This is a fantastic resource to explore, BUT before you go, don’t forget to share your posts with us here at SSPS.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
This post was added to the following link parties:
4 thoughts on “Steak Fajita”
We’re big fan of fajitas although tend to use chicken rather than steak. These sound delicious. #WotW
Hi Louise. Yes I think most times people do use chicken, that’s why this is a nice twist and hope you will enjoy it. Take care and thanks for popping in.
I have never tried a steak fajita, I always use chicken. I’m not a big red meat eater but my son and daughter would love this. #wotw
Hi there Anne. thanks for dropping in and I hope you son an daughter will enjoy the steak fajitas. Please let us know what they think once made.