Have you ever tried Nectarine jam, or more specifically Sugar-free Nectarine and Chia Jam? If not, do not delay, try it immediately
This is a delicious sugar-free Nectarine and chia jam and the tartness of the lemon is very refreshing.
- 3 cups nectarines chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large stick cinnamon
- ½ cup xylitol or stevia to taste
- A crack of sea salt/Himalayan pink salt
- 1 – 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the nectarines and lemon juice to a small saucepan and cover in xylitol.
- Bring to a boil and add the stick cinnamon.
- Add the water 1/2 cup at a time and keep simmering till the fruit is soft.
- Use a spatula to squeeze the fruit pieces.
- Add the chia seeds, stir simmer a further 15 mins.
- Keep stirring occasionally to mix the chia well into the jam.
- Once the jam is thickened, remove it from the heat and cool.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa Adams Young