As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Super Fast Easy Scones No Kneading. No kneading, no rolling out of dough, no cutting into circles – you bake them in a muffin tin! This is super easy and delicious.
How do I get my scones to rise and be fluffy?
Why do scones go stale quickly?
Why are my scones not soft?
Super Fast and Easy Scones and No Kneading
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 Muffins 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
No kneading, no rolling out of dough, no cutting into circles – you bake them in a muffin tin! This is super easy and delicious.
- 2 cups (500 ml) blending flour (regular cake flour will also be perfect)
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) oil
- 1 X-large egg
- 1 1/2 cup milk (I used 2% milk) so I only used milk, but if you prefer you can use a mixture of 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water.
- 3/4 cup Safari (SA Brand) cake fruit mix, but you can use any dry cake mix. It should not be the sticky one with syrup! [Optional]
- Heat oven to 180C / 350F.
- I prefer to use cupcake liners (less fuss and bother and no mess), but you can use a cake release and paint the inside of the muffin wells.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, egg, and milk (milk/water mixture) and mix through with a spoon or spatula until no lumps or dry patches are left.
- If you do decide to add the cake fruit mix, add it now and make sure to distribute it evenly throughout the batter. For good measure (I love cake mix) I sprinkled some extra over the top of each muffin.
- Spoon batter into 12 cupcake wells (divide evenly) and bake for 20-30 minutes (oven depending) until baked through and when you to the cake pin tester in the center of the muffin, it does come out clean.
- Check after 20 minutes. If you do not use the muffin liners, leave them in the pan to cool down slightly before you remove the scones.
- As I used lines, I took them out and left them on a cooling tray.
Original source: Resepte oud en nuut but modified to my liking
Prepared by Esme Slabs from SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 356
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 61
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 20
Super Easy Mix Scone and a good guide for Scones
How to bake Basic Scones as well as a great recipe for Easiest Scones / Drop Biscuits Ever. Quick and easy. I love the fact that it requires no kneading.
Similar recipes on our Blog
Looking for more awesome and delectable Scone Recipes? Well look no further, you will find lots and lots of different types of Scone Recipes on this blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
2 thoughts on “Super Fast Easy Scones No Kneading”
These look really great! I am saving it off to try later this week. Always on the lookout for new recipes and this sure looks like a winner with great instructions!
Hi Beth Thanks, it’s such a quick and easy one and so versatile as you can add anything to it you wish. I have also made it with nuts or anything you like to use. Please if you have a moment, drop me a review and rating on the recipe once done. Thanks in advance and enjoy