This will be one of the best recipes you’ll ever try, this is a Super Indian Fry Bread.
It is deep-fried until golden brown and you can cover it with a sweet or savory topping, just like you prefer!
Ingredients for Super Indian Fry Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1-2 cup shortening
- Extra flour to flour your hands
- Put flour in a bowl, add baking powder, salt, and powdered milk
- Mix in warm water to form a dough
- Cover hands in flour and knead the dough by hand until soft but not sticky.
- Cover with a cloth and let stand for 15-20 minutes
- Shape dough into balls about 2 inches across then flatten by patting and stretching the dough
- Melt shortening about an inch deep in the frying pan.
- When hot put the dough in the pan and fry one side until golden brown then turn and fry the other side
- Can be topped with honey, powdered sugar, etc.
You can also make it savory by topping it with cooked sausage or a fried egg!
Looking for some more Indian-style food recipes?
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!