Sweet and Salty Pretzel Valentines Treat, something different to try and share with your Valentine and they will love the sweet and salty mix
- Mini pretzels twists
- Pretzel crisps – Deli-style
- 20 chocolate truffles
- 100g white Lindt chocolate
- Heart sprinkles or any other you prefer (I used what I had in stock)
- Cover 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Pack out the pretzels on the baking trays. I filled one tray with Mini pretzels twists and the second tray with Deli-style pretzel crisps.
- Melt the chocolate at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stir with a metal spoon till no lumps are visible. Do this one at a time and in separate glass bowls.
- Once you melt the chocolate, scoop or pour the melted chocolate into the piping bag. The chocolate should not be ‘watery’ hot as it will be too runny.
- I placed a plastic bag clip to seal the back end of the bag, before I snipped the tip, in the fridge in order for it to slightly cool down.
- Snip the tip of the bag and slowly squeeze the chocolate onto the pretzel in a circular motion to cover the openings of the pretzel but leave the outer edges clear of chocolate.
- Decorate with heart sprinkles. As I only had the small ones in stock, I used a pinch full on each, but you can also use the bigger ones and only add one bigger heart on the melted chocolate.
- Just drop it onto the chocolate as you do not want it to sink too deep into the chocolate and not be visible.
- Place your tray in the fridge or just leave it to harden and then enjoy this salty and sweet treat, or pack it up in small gift baggies.
Inspiration from Pinterest: The Paper Piñata
Modified, prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs