Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Spinach and Beans – Fully Vegan and healthy
Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 Medium size Sweet Potatoes
Spinach and Beans Filling
- 2 Tbps Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 500g bag frozen chopped spinach
- 3 Tsp minced store-bought garlic, or fresh if you have
- 1 x 398 ml tin of Navy Beans
- 1 x 398 ml tin of Pinto Beans
- ¼ Tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup finely snipped Mediterranean Sun-dried Tomatoes
- I used scissors to snip it into small pieces, as it’s so much easier to do than to cut with a knife
- ¼ cup Organic Fair Trade Sesame Tahini
- A large pinch of Garlic powder
- As well as a large pinch of Salt
- Warm water – NOT boiling water
Baked Sweet Potato
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Wash/scrub and pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork several times.
- Take each and wrap it in aluminum foil, place on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 1-1½ hours or until soft.
- Remove, unwrap, and allow to cool in order to handle.
- While you’re baking the sweet potatoes, you need to prepare the filling.
- In a large frying pan, add and heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic by stirring it for 2 minutes until lightly colored.
- Add the spinach (defrosted and excess water removed) and all the beans.
- Spice with nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Mix and stir until well heated.
Sesame Tahini Sauce
- In a small glass bowl whisk together tahini, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add warm water bit by bit, stirring until it becomes a pourable sauce.
- Set aside to drizzle over the dish once done.
How to finish off and stuff your Sweet Potatoes
- Cut it open down the middle (lengthwise) and slightly fluff the inside flesh with a fork.
- Divide the filling and cut up sun-dried tomatoes evenly over the sweet potatoes.
- If you have extra, just add it to the size of your plate to be enjoyed on its own.
- Now drizzle with tahini sauce and if desired some additional extra virgin olive oil over the sweet potatoes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme Slabs
We have lots and lots of VEGAN recipes for you to choose from – Enjoy
Thank you for visiting and checking out this recipe
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.