Tasty Keto Bread Rolls
Ingredients for these incredibly Tasty Keto Bread Rolls
- 75 g ground psyllium husk powder
- 300 g almond flour
- 30 g baking powder
- 10 ml of salt
- 475 ml of boiling water
- 20 ml cider vinegar
- 6 XL egg whites
- 35 g sesame or poppy seeds for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix psyllium husk, baking powder and salt with a small hand whisk and set aside
- Bring the water to a boil and set aside.
- Add vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients. Use a large spoon and mix it halfway through.
- Add boiling water as lastly the almond flour.
- Keep mixing rapidly with the spoon. You should beat it until it comes together and has a frothy like consistency. If you wish you can do it with an electric hand blender for no more than 30 seconds. I tried both and prefer to do it by hand and not a mixer. The first time I tried it, I used a mixer and it was a very dense and solid dough.
- I will most definitely make this again and again and continue to whip it by hand as this way you also whip in some and, thus frothy as mentioned before.
- Once you have a good dough consistency, apply some VOO (virgin olive oil) on your hands and shape the dough into 12-14 rolls. The quantity will depend on the size of the balls you make.
- Be cautious, do not over handle it, work lightly when shaping the bread rolls. With the oil on your hands, it will help to shape the bread roll.
- Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Feel free to add some sesame or poppy seeds on the rolls for decoration. It also adds some extra crunch and both are healthy as well. **
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread rolls. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with a huge chunk and butter with any topping or as a side to a meal or for your lunch box.
1. One teaspoon of poppy seeds have enough calcium and phosphorus to meet 4% of your daily needs.
2. Poppy seeds also provide the body with 2% to 4% of the daily needs for iron in one teaspoon.
Looking for more Keto Bread Recipes?