Tasty Pineapple Cashew Nut Chicken
One of my many favourite Chinese Take-outs is either Pineapple Chicken or Cashew Nut Chicken. Tonight I decided to combine them into one. Hubby who doesn’t like Chinese food loved it.
- 500gr chicken Breasts
- Peanut oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 red and 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces
- Handful toasted Cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup cucumber (deseeded)
- 1 heaped tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 2 chopped spring onion for garnish
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp salt
- Few dashes white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
Sauce for this Tasty Pineapple Cashew Nut Chicken
(Mix well in a jug)
- Slice chicken in large slices.
- (Best to do this while the chicken is still half frozen).
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the onion.
- Add a pinch of salt and fry for 1 minute.
- Add peppers with a pinch of salt and fry for 1 minute.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add pineapple and cucumber.
- Stir fry for 1 minute then remove and add to onion and peppers.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to wok.
- Add chicken in a single layer and fry on one side (undisturbed) one minute.
- Fry the other side then stir fry till no longer pink.
- Make a well in the centre and add garlic/ginger paste.
- Fry a few seconds then mix it through the chicken.
- Make a well in the centre and add the sauce.
- Wait for it to boil then mix through the chicken.
- Add the vegetables and cashew nuts and give it a quick stir to combine. (Or add the cashew nuts before serving).
- Serve with steamed white rice or noodles.
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups:
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
We love our Chinese dishes, how about you?