Tasty White Fish Stew oozing with rich tomato sauce and earthy flavors. A light meal that is quick and easy to whip and can be customized easily according to preference.
The flavors in this stew/soup are amazing to the palette. Why I say stew/soup. If you want to make this as a stew then prepare some rice, whole-wheat couscous or whatever rocks your boat. If having it with soup enjoy it with some French Baguettes.
- 60 ml – ¼ cup canola oil. (adjust with more or less)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 15 g – 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 g – 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ -1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounce (227grams) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3-4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1-2 teaspoon bouillon powder optional
- 3 pounds (1.4kg) white fish cut up in steaks
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 7-8 Thai basil Leaves (sub with any variety)
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- salt to taste
How about you come and join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Either click on the link or the below image
Method for this Tasty White Fish Stew
- Wash the fish carefully, drain, and pat dry with paper towels or a clean towel.
- Heat the oil in the medium saucepan; add the onion, sauté for about a minute.
- Then add minced garlic, ginger, thyme, paprika, and curry powder.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce, white pepper, and bouillon powder.
- Stir for about a minute and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add about 3 cups of water season with salt according to preference and stir.
- Add fish steaks, bell pepper, and basil; one at a time.
- Simmer until the fish is flaky and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Adjust the thickness of soup with water, salt, and more spices.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
- Serve over whole-wheat couscous or white rice.
Prepared, tried and tested Beverley Gracie
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare