This Thai Coconut Curry Lentil Stew dish will soon be a “do-over” favorite!
Easy, delicious 30-minute curried red lentil soup with diced tomato and coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion-minced
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste (more or less)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup dried lentils (I use split red lentils)
- 1 14.5 oz. can of garbanzo beans
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. cube
- 2 –14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes, including juice
- 2 cups of coconut milk or 1 14 oz. can and add enough water to make 2 cups
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onion, ginger, jalapeno, red pepper, curry paste, and salt in coconut oil until the onions are soft.
- Add lentils, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes and lentils are soft.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro.
- You could garnish this dish with extra cilantro and vegan sour cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Mona from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 741
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 1305.7 mg
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 99.1 g
- Fiber: 18.2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Thai, Coconut, Curry, Lentil
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.