You just have to try and prepare The Best Double Chocolate Banana Bread Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas (mashed)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup canola, vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined.
- Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Do not overmix.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine.
- You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter.
- Check at the 50-minute mark just to be safe as oven times vary.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a wire cooling rack.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove it from the pan.
- Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until only slightly warm.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe Credit: The Recipe Critic
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.