Tiramisu Sponge Cake is a classic Italian recipe that I baked for my Dad’s 75th birthday today and was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
- 200g soft butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp espresso coffee/finely ground NESCAFÉ Alta Rica
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Now add vanilla and espresso powder
- After that add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition
- Combine flour, and baking powder in another bowl.
- Sift over the creamed mixture bit by bit
- Stir in gently until well combined
- Add milk if the mixture is too stiff, as the cake mixture should be soft but not runny.
- Divide into 2 well-greased cake tins and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 17-20 min.
- Cool in the tin completely before turning out.
Cream Cheese Frosting for Tiramisu Sponge Cake:
- 1½ ounce boiling water
- 3-ounce dark chocolate
- 1tsp espresso coffee
- 1/3c sugar
- 1 c smooth creamed cheese
- 3 c whipped cream.
- Combine boiling water with chocolate and mix well.
- Add coffee, and mix well.
- Cool completely.
- Add creamed cheese and sugar and mix well, fold in a little cream at a time.
- Place on top of one cake, cover with the other sponge layer
- Completely cover the entire cake with topping.
- Place boudoir biscuits around the cake and decorate as desired.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melenie Govender Pillay
Yummy Tiramisu variety recipes
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.