The best ever Vegan and Gluten-free Cheesecake. You have to try this one!!
- 200g pitted dates
- 1cup (120g) of raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) raw cashews, quick-soaked
- 1 large lemon, juiced (scant 1/4 cup or 50 ml)
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp (150 ml) full-fat coconut milk (try to use only the milk, not the water, but it’s OK if yours is already mixed)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar or maple syrup
- Blend dates in a food processor until it forms a ball. Set aside.
- Process walnuts into a meal.
- Add dates back in and combine with the processor.
- Divide between 12 sprayed muffin tins and press down with a glass.
- Set in the freezer.
- Then, add all filling ingredients to a blender (it won’t come together in the food processor).
- It takes a full minute or two to become smooth and silky.
- At this point, you could add peanut butter to flavor the cheesecakes if you’d like (I did not).
- Pour evenly into muffin tins, and top as desired.
- I mixed a teaspoon of macerated raspberries in half and blackberries into the other half. It looks great with the colored swirls on top.
- Freeze for a few hours, and that’s it! Almost too easy to be this good.
- Lastly, I put a strip of foil into each cup before the crust to make removal easier.
- But they come out really easily after just 5 minutes out of the freezer.
- You’d never think these are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and just 7 ingredients.
- Definitely, a winner in my books and I’m a bit of a cheesecake snob!
- Go ahead, try it!
Source: minimalist baker
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea Smit