Vegan Celery Nut Salad. All the ingredients measurements are approximate – this is a very forgiving recipe, so please adjust according to taste!!
1. 500-550g celery stalks
2. 15 ml Med Rajah Curry Powder
3. 35 ml Raw Brown Sugar
4. 35 ml + 15 ml Vegan Soy Nut Milk
5. 450g Veganaise
6. 125g pitted raisins
7. 125g chopped raw pecan nuts
• Wash, dry and cut celery stalks thinly and set aside
• In a bottle with a sealable lid, mix together the following ingredients to form a paste
35 ml Milk
• Add to the above paste the veganaise.
• Seal the bottle and shake it vigorously until well blended.
• Taste and if needed, adjust to your liking.
• Add the remaining milk in the bottle and again shake it up, in order to get all the remaining sauce out of the bottle (waste not, want not).
• In a salad bowl add the cut celery.
• Pour the sauce over the celery and with a spatula mix through until celery properly coated.
• Add raisins and nut mixture (keep some aside for decoration)
• Mix again and then decorate with remaining raisins and nuts.
• You can add more curry powder, or use a stronger flavor curry powder, as this all depends on your own liking and taste buds.
• You may also use regular mayonnaise and regular milk.
** IMPORTANT: It is best to make this a day or two ahead of time in order for flavors need to mingle to ensure a way more tasty dish. It will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge in a sealed container.
Please join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme Slabs‘s Sister-in-law from South Africa while visiting Canada
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Looking for more vegan salads?