This Vegan Cheese Christmas Tree is super easy, delicious, tasty, and a special treat to add to your Christmas Table, also Vegan and Gluten Free.
You will find a large variety of very delicious, homemade Vegan Recipes here on the blog
- Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- What are Vegan Kebabs made of?
- Vegan Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Best Greek Vegan Spanakopita
This Vegan Cheese Christmas Tree is super easy, delicious, tasty and a special treat to add to your Christmas Table, yes it’s Vegan and also Gluten Free.
- 2 x 170g tubs of Boursin Dairy-free Garlic & Herbs Cheese Spread
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 25–30 Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Red Pepper *
- 1/4 Orange Pepper *
- Use a large piece of firm craft paper and make a cone shape and set it aside.
- Cut a large piece of glad wrap and line your work area.
- Cut a star from the red pepper as well as small, tiny cubes for decoration to resemble Christmas lights and set aside. *
- Scoop out the spread from both tubs and place them on top of one another directly on the glad wrap.
- Wrap the spread and close the top by twisting it to make sure the spread will not pop out.
- Start to shape it to form a cone ‘tree’ by molding it with your hands to get the form and size you want.
- Once done, drop it into the paper cone you prepared and push it down to take on the final shape and size of the cone you prepared.
- Leave it in the fridge to set and stiffen again as the heat of your hands will soften the cheese.
- Finely chop the parsley and have it ready to add about an hour prior to serving.
- Spread the parsley on a large enough plate as you will now proceed to roll the tree in the parsley.
- Just before you are serving, remove the tree from the paper cone and clingwrap and gently drop it on the bed of parsley and roll the tree to cover it completely with parsley.
- Press the parsley as best you can to stick to the cheese tree.
- If you have any parsley left, sprinkle it on your serving dish for decoration, then place the tree on the dish and add the red star at the top.
- Use the slivered almonds and start from the top and place it in a spiral going down to the base.
- You can make three or four of those almond spirals, depending on the size of the tree you made.
- Between the almonds, add the tiny specs of red and orange peppers to resemble the Christmas lights.
- Serve it with the crackers of your choice.
- I used GF rice crackers, but obviously, you can use any crackers you love.
How to Make your own Cheese Mixture instead of using Boursin Dairy-free Garlic & Herbs Cheese Spread
- Chop all the ingredients and mix them into room temperature/softened Violife Creamy Cream Cheese.
- Blend everything together with a fork and proceed as per above to shape and serve your Cheesy Christmas Tree.
Make your own mixture
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Nutrition calculated for the first version!
- Serving Size: 5 scoops
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 231.7 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 42
Keywords: Vegan cream cheese