A two-bowl vegan gluten-free vanilla cake delicious and perfect for all occasions! Frosted and with fresh in-season berries!
Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla cake ingredients
- 3 cups plain gluten-free flour (I used Wendels True Foods GF Blend)
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup granulated sugar (any fine sugar will do)
- A large pinch of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- zest of 1 large lemon”
- 5 tbsp. Grapeseed oil
- 450 ml coconut milk or any other non-dairy of your own preference
- 3½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 scraped vanilla pods + 1 tsp vanilla extract (you can also use 3 tsp vanilla extract if you do not have pods)
You can make your own or as I did, a little cheat, I used tubs of store-bought Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting, and yes it is Vegan. *** See below***
- 2-3 cups of fresh berries, depending on what you have in season. It is best to try and use three different types of berries for a beautiful popping color and texture. I used some Blackberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries. I truly love the slightly sour taste of the Raspberries to town down the sweetness of the frosting.
Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 ºF and for those that use C, it should be 180 ºC
- Line the bottom of 2 round 6-inch cake baking pans with parchment paper. Or as I did 2 x 8-inch pans and made the recipe 1½ times.
- Firstly, you will start by sifting and mixing all the dry ingredients together.
- Secondly, gather and mix all the wet ingredients together and then add them to the sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix until you have a nice smooth batter with no visible flour and any masses of flour.
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the cake baking pans and bake in the preheated oven at 355 ºF/ 180 ºC for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until you have a nice golden brown on top and when you insert a cake tester or toothpick it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tins. It drops out incredibly easily as you have parchment paper at the bottom and it should have come loose from the side.
- If you choose to make your own frosting, this would be the time to get that going.
****If you prefer to make your own, hop over and try Elizabeth’s VEGAN VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE
(Note, I have not made this one myself, but it does look easy and yummy)
Assembly and decorating:
- Once the cake has cooled off and cold, you will start with the fun part.
- Place one of those lovely and sinfully moreish sponge cakes on a platter or if you have a nice cake stand, and smear a good amount of frosting on the first layer.
- Use the in-season berries and toss them on the frosted layer.
- Add the second layer over this and then dress up the second layer with more frosting and yes some more berries.
You can also try Gay Lea, Coconut Whipped Cream. Should you wish to try this, just remember to do the assembly prior to serving, as I found that it does not hold form for very long, especially in warmer weather.
Real Coconut Whipped Cream
Gay Lea Coconut Whipped Cream is made from pure coconut cream. This product is lactose-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and vegan. Gay Lea Real Coconut Whipped Cream is the winner of 2 prestigious Grand Prix Awards by the Retail Council of Canada and has a clean ingredient deck. Great on pancakes, waffles, desserts, and beverages.
This recipe has been modified and adjusted from the original recipe sourced on Pinterest from theloopywhisk but as usual, I adapted the recipe to my own taste. I also modified and increased the recipe and made it 1½ times as I used larger cake pans, and 8-inch cake pans as I do not have 6-inch pans as per the original recipe specifications. Esme Slabs
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are super excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.