Vegetable and Chickpea Salad
This incredible easy Vegetable and Chickpea Salad have all my favorite vegetables in one bowl.
Chickpeas with plump tomatoes, asparagus, cucumbers and beets and to top it off add your own home-made fresh salad dressing.
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions
- 1 medium English cucumber
- Small cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium or 3 large beets
- 8-12 thin asparagus spears
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 red, green or orange bell pepper (color)
- A ½ small bottle of capers
- A sprig or 3 fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 small lettuce (I like Iceberg lettuce)
- Rinse the chickpea and set aside for the excess water to drain.
- Chop all veggies and other ingredients into small bite-size chunks or as per your own preference.
- Half the cherry tomatoes
- Steam all the vegetables, one by one, but DO NOT steam till soft, it should still have some crunch to it.
- Leave all ingredients in the fridge until ready to assemble and just before serving.
Assembly of your Vegetable and Chickpea Salad:
- Place a layer of finely chopped lettuce at the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Add layers of all other ingredients.
- Drizzle with Salad Dressing, just before serving
- You can leave the salad in layers or toss if preferred.
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh fennel finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a salad bottle.
- Shake it up vigorously and place in the fridge until ready to use
- Emulsify all the ingredients in a small blender and pour it into your salad bottle.
- This will make a thicker dressing than just shaking it up.
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme Slabs
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: