The Vegetarian Roasted Vegetable Lasagne with ricotta, mozzarella, and goat cheese. A crowd pleaser and yes you can make it with regular meat.
Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat It may also include abstaining from eating all by-products of animal slaughter.
Lasagna is a type of pasta, possibly one of the oldest types, made of very wide, flat sheets. Either term can also refer to an Italian dish made of stacked layers of lasagna alternating with fillings such as ragù, vegetables, cheeses, and seasonings and spices
Vegetarian Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Resting Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 105 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 large foil trays 1x
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
A vegetarian Roasted Vegetable Lasagna with ricotta, mozzarella, and goat cheese. Make enough to freeze and have ready for another quick meal.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces and halved
- 1 Bell pepper (I only had minis so I used 5)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 cups of spinach
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 packets of Yves Veggie Cuisine
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups ricotta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups tomato sauce (I used 1.5 bottles of pasta sauce as I was freezing some of the lasagna)
- 12 oven lasagna noodle sheets or other lasagna noodles
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cups shredded or grated mozzarella or fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the onion, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, oil, rosemary, oregano, crushed garlic cloves, basil, and some fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a 30 x 22 cm glass baking dish, taking care to spread the vegetables evenly.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and golden brown, stirring them once part way through the cooking time.
- Transfer this mixture back to the bowl.
- Set aside and reduce the heat of the oven to 300F.
- Lightly fry the Yves Veggie Cuisine, carrots, and celery and mix them together with the roasted vegetables once they are cooked.
- I use oven-ready Lasagna noodles that don’t need to be cooked prior to assembly.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs and stir in the ricotta and some fresh cracked black pepper until well blended.
- Spread a ladle full of sauce over the bottom of the same baking dish used to roast the vegetables.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Evenly spread 1/3 of the vegetables, and spinach leaves over top, then 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, and then 1/3 of the crumbled goat cheese.
- Repeat beginning with the lasagna noodles, two more times.
- Finish with the remaining lasagna noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella or fontina cheese and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in the 300F / 150C oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil at this point and bake for another 30 minutes or until the lasagna is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let the lasagna sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Beverley of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Do check out our Vegetarian Recipe section for tons of awesome recipes and all prepared at home by home cooks like you
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Looking for an awesome Recipe, please visit our Shop as we have wonderful Recipe eBooks ready for you!