It’s Venison Meatballs, a sweet, spicy, gamey, a little caramelized, and all over delicious!
- I made the meatballs by combining the usual suspects in a food processor:
- Venison (in our case, deer)
- Seasoning (based around rosemary as I like the compliment to the deer)
- You could add a bit of pork to mellow out the gamey flavor if you’d prefer
- I baked them until almost done, then found this delicious sauce to go with it.
- Really, this recipe is in the sauce.
- Make the meatballs however you’d like, just add this sauce!
- Mix about 50/50 chili sauce and grape jelly, then add just a dash of smoky BBQ sauce.
- Pour over the meatballs for the last 15mins of cooking time.
- It’s sweet, spicy, gamey, a little caramelized, and all over delicious!
- Source: loosely based on a food com recipe
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit