This Watermelon and Coconut milk Popsicle is the perfect treat for the summer months.
- 3 cups chopped watermelon chunks
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp of choco chips
- Popsicle Moulds
- Watermelon juice
- Keep aside a few chunks of watermelon and puree the rest in a mixer.
- If the watermelon is not sweet, add a little sugar to taste.
- Strain the juice and keep it aside.
- For the coconut milk, peel half a coconut and cut it into thin slices.
- Pour a little water and blend in the mixer.
- Strain it well in a sieve or a muslin cloth.
- Your coconut milk is ready.
- Take the moulds and put them in the watermelon chunks.
- Add the choco chips which would look like the seeds.
- Pour in the juice till almost to the top.
- Leave a little space for the coconut milk.
- Let it set for 20 mins and pour in the coconut milk to fill the mould.
- Set in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- I usually make mine in the evening and leave it in the freezer overnight to freeze.
- My moulds come with a twisting cap and they come out just perfect.
- If your popsicle is stubborn then just dunk the moulds in hot water to get them to release.
- They would slide out easily
Prepared, tried and tested by Harjeet