Ditch the store-bought dips and make your very own White Bean and Herbs Hummus
- ¼ cup Virgin olive oil
- 3 heaped teaspoons of fresh finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh finely chopped mint
- 2 cans drained and rinsed cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pine nuts for decoration/toppings
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, and mint.
- Sauté until garlic is fragrant and begins to soften.
- Add all except the pine nuts to a food processor.
- Blend on high until the dip is smooth and creamy.
- I added extra oil and some boiled hot water to the mix, as my blender could not mix it as it was too dry.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour dip into a bowl, drizzle with some extra fresh mixed herbs
- Drizzle with ½ tsp oil.
- Cover and place in the fridge.
Decorate just before serving with some pine nuts.
Slightly modified, Prepared, tried, and tested by: Esme Slabs
Served with fresh Cape Seed Bread
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs