Today I share with you White Chocolate Lamington
What is Lamington?
A lamington is an Australian cake, made from squares of butter cake or sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut. The thin mixture is absorbed into the outside of the sponge cake and left to set, giving the cake a distinctive texture.
Everybody’s been posting Lamingtons lately and I remembered I had a White Chocolate Lamington recipe I’ve been meaning to try but haven’t because I couldn’t find Bulgarian Yoghurt in my neck of the woods. I subsequently found out that in Bulgaria it’s nothing more than sour milk! My improvisation, however, was adding apple cider vinegar to normal yogurt.
I’ve left this super delicious recipe as is.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup macadamia oil (normal fine)
- 2 ½ cups cake four
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- zest of 1 lemon
Icing for your White Chocolate Lamington
- 350g white chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Bulgarian yogurt
- 300g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, line a 33cm x 27cm x 5cm tray with baking paper and grease the top of the baking paper. Whisk the sugar and eggs together until light and thick.
- Set aside.
- Bring the milk and oil to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add it to the egg mixture in a thin stream while whisking.
- Add the vanilla extract and zest, and mix thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Fold it into the egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into the tray.
- Bake until golden and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down in the pan, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Remove the paper and let it cool completely. Cut into squares.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring every now and then.
- Let it cool to room temperature, then chill it in the fridge.
- Whisk it with an electric beater until light and thick.
- Add the yogurt and mix lightly.
- Cover each square with the chocolate mixture, and roll them in the coconut.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
I heard you asking, yes we do have more Lamington Recipes on the blog for you
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.