You should try these Whole Salmon Fillet Cakes. I used a fresh whole salmon fillet to make these cakes but you may use the canned variety as well.
Rochelle used a fresh whole salmon fillet to make these cakes but you may use the canned variety as well.
- 400–500g Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Flour (dusting)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (breading)
- 2 Eggs (beaten for dipping)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Spring Onion, Mint, Coriander (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 Potato (boiled & mashed)
Chili Lime Mayo
- Roughly chop the salmon into small pieces.
- Place in a bowl with the onion, herbs, spices, potato, breadcrumbs, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Shape and coat with flour then lay on a baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll in egg then dip in breadcrumbs and fry till golden.
Chili Lime Mayo
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill.
- Top with extra zest and chili flakes when serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 34377
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 10212
- Fat: 2060
- Saturated Fat: 400
- Unsaturated Fat: 1456
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3686
- Cholesterol: 10547
Keywords: Salmon Cakes
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
This post was added to the following link party: Homestead Blog Hop