Why use leftover Sweet Potato for Pizza Crust
What would the reason be why I used leftover Sweet Potato for a Pizza Crust? I turned leftover Sweet Potato into a Pizza Crust as the base is gluten-free, wheat-free, grain-free, and perfect for people with allergies or trying to avoid wheat flour
- 1½ cups cold cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- A crack of sea salt
- 2 tsp psyllium husk (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tblsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tblsps coconut oil
- Using a fork, mix the egg with the sweet potato until well blended and incorporated.
- Add the rest of the ingredients together and it forms a soft ball of dough.
- Leave the dough to rest and firm up for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Press the dough into the shape you prefer.
- Be careful not to make it too thin.
- Poke tiny holes into the base with a fork.
- Bake at 180C until the bottom is brown.
- Remove from the oven and gently flip over.
- Add any sauce of your choice as well as pizza toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake until browned at the bottom and the cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
The late Caashifa Admas Young prepared, tried, and tested and showed us why to use leftover Sweet Potato for Pizza Crust
Why use leftover Sweet Potato for Pizza Crust? Sweet Potato Pizza Crust is made gluten-free with wholesome foods and requires no food processor. Do you have time to make pizza dough from scratch? Maybe, maybe not, so this simple, healthy alternative is a worthy option when you have a craving for pizza and a limited time!
Do you need more delicious Pizza Recipes to choose from?
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.