I love waffles just about as much as I love eggs. So please try this zucchini carrot waffle.
Zucchini Carrot Waffle
It’s become my mission to wafflefy most of the veggies I eat and to keep them low in carbs and gluten-free.
These zucchini and carrot waffles turned out excellent and smelled amazing while cooking. My breakfast was a zucchini carrot waffle – fried egg with clean cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1 large spring onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder (you can also use a nut or seed flour instead)
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A crack of black pepper
- Squeeze out any excess water from the zucchini and carrot.
- Combine the veg with the eggs, whey protein, Psyllium, and seasoning.
- Mix until well combined.
- Leave to rest while heating the waffle iron.
- Heat your waffle iron then grease it with spray and cook or brush with oil.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also pop these into the toaster to crisp them up or reheat them.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 142.1 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 62.1 mg
Keywords: Zucchini, Carrot, Waffle